Click “Categories” to see scheduled events for Education, Leadership and Coaching, or LifeKeys
Join us for a special event for women leaders in education by women leaders in education.
Research shows that women hold 75 percent of all teaching positions across the United States but hold only 30 percent of leadership positions—the largest gap of any industry. The Women in Education: Leading Perspectives Institute is designed to empower women to rise up and take the lead in their school communities.
Whether you are a leader wanting to hone your skills or are an aspiring leader preparing to break into a new position, this event is for you. Connect to a community of women educators, hear high-impact talks, contribute to candid conversations, and participate in a learning lab offering a deep dive into topics that will help unlock your leadership potential.
- Determine your leadership style and understand how to maximize its potential.
- Collect stories from successful women leaders and learn their life lessons.
- Identify barriers faced by women leaders—including implicit gender biases—and how to overcome them.
- Acquire strategies for leading difficult conversations.
- Learn about Imposter Syndrome and how to maintain a growth mindset.
- Expand your network and find new mentors nationwide.
- Gain strategies for encouraging other women.
- Become a more effective public speaker.
- Create a personalized plan for developing and maintaining life balance.
- Attain ideas for using social media to strengthen your partnership with students, staff, parents, and community.
A career-changing experience
Build and sustain a strong, collaborative professional learning community through a process that is transforming schools around the world. This unique event brings PLC at Work® international authors and experts Anthony Muhammad, John F. Eller, Sheila A. Eller and Tim Brown together with Australia’s authors and experts Julie Canham, Gavin Grift, Jane Kise, Sonya Mackenzie and Colin Sloper. You’ll hear dynamic keynotes and attend powerful breakouts designed to help infuse the PLC at Work® process into every aspect of your school or system.
Whether you are just beginning to build a PLC or need to regroup for your next steps, this summit provides practical knowledge based on the three big ideas that drive a PLC, delivered by experts who know the process best. You’ll return to your school ready to work in collaborative teams to achieve outstanding results for the students you serve.
This is one event you won’t want to miss.
- Acquire strategies and tips for ensuring student learning sits at the core of your collaborative work.
- Share your challenges with prominent experts and receive advice on next steps.
- Collaborate with colleagues to further your team’s work in designing common assessments, a guaranteed and viable curriculum and a multitiered system of interventions.
- Understand how to align timetables and resources to create genuine collective responsibility for student learning.
- Learn firsthand how Australian Model PLCs have dramatically improved student achievement.
Who should attend?
- Teachers (primary school, high school, special education)
- Curriculum Specialists
- Instructional Coaches
- System Leaders
- Team Leaders
- Principals/Assistant Principals
- Staff Development Leaders