Click “Categories” to see scheduled events for Education, Leadership and Coaching, or LifeKeys
A career-changing experience
Build and sustain a strong, collaborative professional learning community through a process that is transforming schools around the world. This unique event brings PLC at Work® international authors and experts Anthony Muhammad, John F. Eller, Sheila A. Eller and Tim Brown together with Australia’s authors and experts Julie Canham, Gavin Grift, Jane Kise, Sonya Mackenzie and Colin Sloper. You’ll hear dynamic keynotes and attend powerful breakouts designed to help infuse the PLC at Work® process into every aspect of your school or system.
Whether you are just beginning to build a PLC or need to regroup for your next steps, this summit provides practical knowledge based on the three big ideas that drive a PLC, delivered by experts who know the process best. You’ll return to your school ready to work in collaborative teams to achieve outstanding results for the students you serve.
This is one event you won’t want to miss.
- Acquire strategies and tips for ensuring student learning sits at the core of your collaborative work.
- Share your challenges with prominent experts and receive advice on next steps.
- Collaborate with colleagues to further your team’s work in designing common assessments, a guaranteed and viable curriculum and a multitiered system of interventions.
- Understand how to align timetables and resources to create genuine collective responsibility for student learning.
- Learn firsthand how Australian Model PLCs have dramatically improved student achievement.
Who should attend?
- Teachers (primary school, high school, special education)
- Curriculum Specialists
- Instructional Coaches
- System Leaders
- Team Leaders
- Principals/Assistant Principals
- Staff Development Leaders
An Annual Conversation for Women Leaders Learning With & From Each Other
Stories from Practicing School & District Leaders
Kelly Coffin, Ed.D., Asst. Supt. for Professional Learning and Innovation, Traverse Bay Area ISD
Dawn Bentley, Ed.D., Asst. Supt. for Student Services Acton-Boxborough Regional School District
Catherine Bates, M.A., Assistant Principal Eastern HS, Lansing School District
Azra Ali, Ph.D., Chief Academic Officer Education Management & Networks, Inc.
Break-out Sessions into Deep-dive Topics
- Disruptive Conversations
- School Talk: Rethinking What We Say About and To Students Every Day
- Women Leaders in the Marketplace
- Moving through Metaphor
- Confidence & Personal Image
- TED Talk & Conversation “Why Are So Many Incompetent Men Leaders & What To Do About It” T. Chamorro-Premuzic
1-1 Candid Conversations
Resume Review & Feedback
Coaching for Beginning Leaders
Mock Interviews & Feedback
Review & Feedback on Written Documents
Initial Steps to Form Girl Gangs
Role-alike & High-impact Talks
Friday Supper & Saturday Meals
Conversations via Open Spaces
Participant-chosen Topics for Focused Conversation
Performance by Sistrum: Lansing Women’s Chorus
Songs of change, rising up to action, protest signs, feminism & social justice
About the Featured Speaker, Jane Kise Ed.D:
Jane Kise, Ed.D., is the author of Step In, Step Up: Empowering Women for the School Leadership Journey & Presenter at Women Leadership Summit, Solution Tree, July 2019